Sign In
  • National
  • International
  • Fact Check
  • Research
Truth Wire
  • Home
  • National News
  • World
  • Technology
    • Check out more:
    • Fashion
    • Travel
    • Business
    • National News
    • World
  • Business
  • Entertainment
  • Health
Reading: Trump says Iran ceasefire on ‘life support’ after rejecting Tehran’s response
Share
Truth WireTruth Wire
Font ResizerAa
  • World News
  • Pakistan
  • Technology
  • Sports
  • Entertainment
  • Amazing Lifestyle
Search
  • Home 1
  • Categories
    • Technology
    • Pakistan
    • Amazing Lifestyle
    • Entertainment
    • World News
    • Sports
    • Health
  • Bookmarks
  • Sitemap
Have an existing account? Sign In
Follow US
© 2022 Foxiz News Network. Ruby Design Company. All Rights Reserved.
UncategorizedWorld News

Trump says Iran ceasefire on ‘life support’ after rejecting Tehran’s response

Managing Editor
Last updated: May 11, 2026 9:05 pm
Managing Editor
Share
SHARE

Contents
Trickle of shipping through HormuzTrump to discuss Iran in Beijing
US President Donald Trump speaks during a maternal health event in the Oval Office at the White House in Washington, DC, US, May 11, 2026. — Reuters
US President Donald Trump speaks during a maternal health event in the Oval Office at the White House in Washington, DC, US, May 11, 2026. — Reuters
  • Trump dismisses Tehran’s proposal as “stupid”.
  • Says he didn’t even finish reading Iran’s response.
  • Iran willing to give US “the nuclear dust”: Trump.

US President Donald Trump on Monday said that a ceasefire with Iran was “on life support” after he rejected Tehran’s response to a US peace proposal, fuelling concerns of a resumption of hostilities in the 10-week-old conflict that has killed thousands and halted vital energy flows.

Days after Washington floated a proposal aimed at reopening negotiations, Iran on Sunday released a response focused on ending the war on all fronts, including Lebanon, where US ally Israel is fighting Iran-backed Hezbollah.

The response had been swiftly rejected by Trump.

Asked where the Pakistan-brokered ceasefire stands, Trump told reporters: “I would call it the weakest right now, after reading that piece of garbage they sent us. I didn’t even finish reading it.”

In its response, Tehran also demanded compensation for war damage, emphasised its sovereignty over the Strait of Hormuz, and called on the US to end its naval blockade, guarantee no further attacks, lift sanctions and remove a ban on Iranian oil sales.

The US had proposed an end to fighting before starting talks on more contentious issues, including Iran’s nuclear programme.

Tehran defended its stance on Monday.

“Our demand is legitimate: demanding an end to the war, lifting the (US) blockade and piracy, and releasing Iranian assets that have been unjustly frozen in banks due to US pressure,” Foreign Ministry spokesperson Esmaeil Baghaei said.

“Safe passage through the Strait of Hormuz and establishing security in the region and Lebanon were other demands of Iran, which are considered a generous and responsible offer.”

Brent crude oil futures traded 2.7% higher at around $104 a barrel, as the deadlock left the Strait of Hormuz largely closed.

Before the war began on February 28, the narrow waterway carried one-fifth of the world’s oil and liquefied natural gas, and has since become a central pressure point in the conflict.

Disruption caused by the near-closure of the strait has forced oil producers to cut exports, and Opec oil output dropped further in April to the lowest in more than two decades, a Reuters survey showed on Monday.

Trickle of shipping through Hormuz

Traffic through the Strait of Hormuz is at a trickle compared with before the war. Shipping data on Kpler and LSEG showed that three tankers laden with crude exited the waterway last week, with trackers switched off to avoid Iranian attack.

Sporadic flare-ups around the strait in recent days have tested a ceasefire that has paused all-out warfare since it took effect in early April.

In the United States, surveys show the war is unpopular with voters facing sharply higher gasoline prices less than six months before nationwide elections that will determine whether Trump’s Republican Party retains control of Congress.

Washington has also struggled to build international support, with Nato allies refusing to send ships to reopen the waterway without a full peace deal and an internationally mandated mission.

Hakan Fidan, the foreign minister of Turkiye, which has been liaising closely with the US, Iran and mediator Pakistan since the start of the war, will hold talks in Qatar on Tuesday on the conflict and on ensuring navigational safety in the strait, a Turkish diplomatic source said.

Trump to discuss Iran in Beijing

The next diplomatic or military steps remain unclear. Trump is expected to arrive in Beijing on Wednesday, where Iran is set to be among the topics discussed with Chinese President Xi Jinping.

Trump has been leaning on China to use its influence to push Tehran towards a deal with Washington.

Iran’s Foreign Ministry spokesperson Baghaei suggested China could instead use the visit to push back against US objectives in the Gulf.

“Our Chinese friends know very well how to use these opportunities to warn about the consequences of the US’s illegal and bullying actions on regional peace and security,” he said.

Addressing whether combat operations against Iran were over, Trump said in remarks aired on Sunday: “They are defeated, but that doesn’t mean they’re done.”

Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu said the war was not over because there was “more work to be done” to remove enriched uranium from Iran, dismantle enrichment facilities and address its alleged proxy forces and ballistic missile capabilities.

Netanyahu told CBS News‘ “60 Minutes” that the preferred route was diplomacy, but he did not rule out the use of force.

Clashes have also continued in southern Lebanon between Israel and Hezbollah, despite a US-brokered ceasefire announced on April 16.



2026-05-11 18:08:00

Subscribe to Our Newsletter
Subscribe to our newsletter to get our newest articles instantly!

Share This Article
Email Copy Link Print
Previous Article Citizen martyred foiling suicide bombing attempt near Kohat: security sources
Next Article Tens of millions risk hunger as Hormuz standoff blocks fertiliser, says UN official
Leave a Comment

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Editor's Pick

The Best Wireless Gaming Headsets in This Year

As for quality, the HS80's provided clear-cut sound with adequate bass and a slight emphasis on the mid-range, making those…

4.8 out of 5Good
5 Tips for Charging an Electric Vehicle More Easily

Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it everywhere, diagnosing…

4 Min Read
Google Must Allow Developers to Use Other Payment Systems

Modern technology has become a total phenomenon for civilization, the defining force…

4 Min Read

Top Writers

Oponion

King Charles surprises fans with dance moves during Northern Ireland visit

King Charles dances with locals as he and Queen Camilla…

May 19, 2026

Prince William steps in for King Charles as Palace shares major update

Prince William steps in for King…

May 19, 2026

Total solar eclipse is disappearing forever: When will Earth witness its final one?

Total solar eclipse is disappearing forever:…

May 19, 2026

King Charles Buckingham Palace stunt sparks reaction from Idris Elba

King Charles Buckingham Palace stunt sparks…

May 19, 2026

Robert Downey Jr., Paul Bettany reunion at Spring Gala breaks the internet

Robert Downey Jr. and longtime Marvel…

May 19, 2026

You Might Also Like

LatestWorld News

Trump leaves Beijing with few wins, many warm words for Xi

US President Donald Trump (L) poses for photos with China's President Xi Jinping during a visit to Zhongnanhai Garden in…

12 Min Read
LatestWorld News

US Treasury’s Bessent, China’s He hold talks in South Korea ahead of Trump-Xi summit

(From left) US Treasury Secretary Scott Bessent and Chinese Vice Premier He Lifeng, during their meeting with South Korean President…

8 Min Read
HealthUncategorized

Hantavirus: Confirmed cases by nationality

Persons wearing hazmat suits are pictured as passengers board a plane bound for US carrying passengers evacuated from the Dutch…

10 Min Read
LatestWorld News

Israel threatens to sue NYT over report on sex abuse of Palestinian inmates

The New York Times building is seen in Manhattan, New York, US, August 3, 2020. — ReutersJERUSALEM: Israel on Thursday…

8 Min Read
Truth Wire

News

  • World News
  • Advertise

Technology

  • Technology

Health

  • Medicine
  • Children
  • Coronavirus
  • Nutrition

Culture

  • Stars
  • Screen
  • Culture
  • Media
  • Videos

More

  • Entertainment
  • Amazing Lifestyle
  • Pakistan
  • Sports
  • Health

Subscribe

  • Home Delivery
  • Digital Subscription
  • Games
  • Cooking
© Foxiz News Network. Ruby Design Company. All Rights Reserved.

Powered by
►
Necessary cookies enable essential site features like secure log-ins and consent preference adjustments. They do not store personal data.
None
►
Functional cookies support features like content sharing on social media, collecting feedback, and enabling third-party tools.
None
►
Analytical cookies track visitor interactions, providing insights on metrics like visitor count, bounce rate, and traffic sources.
None
►
Advertisement cookies deliver personalized ads based on your previous visits and analyze the effectiveness of ad campaigns.
None
►
Unclassified cookies are cookies that we are in the process of classifying, together with the providers of individual cookies.
None
Powered by
Welcome Back!

Sign in to your account

Username or Email Address
Password

Lost your password?

Not a member? Sign Up